Rousdonmullai Estate was established during 1890 by the British. Originally
The British used these lands for mining gold. The Estate was owned
and managed by Brooke Bond Ltd. (UK) for a long period and with the efflux of time,
the ownership has passed on to the Indian Companies. The present owners
of the company are having ownership and management control over the
Estate for over a decade.
The Estate is located at Devala, Gudalur Taluk of Nilgiris District. The
distance from Ooty is 68 kms and from Gudalur 18 kms. The Estate is
surrounded by other tea plantations owned by M/s. Parry Agro industries
(Murugappa group), M/s. Harrison Malayalam Plantations Limited, M/s.
Woodbrirar Limited. The Estate is easily accessible from Mysore by road
involving a journey time of about 3 hours.
Total land - 891.09 Acres (360.61 Ha).
Area under Tea cultivation - 445.55 acres (180.31 Ha).
Area under Minor Crops like Cardamom, Pepper, etc -25 Acres (10 Ha).
The average yield made tea is in the range of 2600 to 3000 kgs / Ha
The Estate is in the midst of a number of small growers and affords ample
opportunity for bought leaf operation to ensure full utilization of the
The Estate has a state-of-art facility for manufacturer of quality tea.
The present capacity for production is 1.5 Million kilo per annum. The
division has one more factory in Devala (outside Estate) having capacity
for production of 1.5 million kg per annum.
The Elevation of the Estate is about 3200 ft. above